Subject Intent: Why Biology?
Biology develops key transferrable skills through the study of living organisms and their interactions with each other and their environment. Some of the highest skills shortages in Yorkshire are in STEM and our curriculum is designed to develop scientific methodology, awareness of the advances of technology and recognition of the value of Biology in society so that students can go on to enjoy careers in fields such as health and medicine, engineering and research.
What will I study?
- Biological molecules
- How organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic variation
- Energy transfer within and between organisms
- Responses to internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- Control of gene expression
What are the entry requirements?
Please refer to our Course Specific Entry Requirements table here