Why should I study Biology?
A-Level in Biology is a challenging but enjoyable subject that increases your knowledge of life and living organisms and gives you a fascinating insight into evolution, gene expression and biological molecules. Biology helps you to develop problem solving, organisation and analytical skills, which are all vital to skills needed for further study or employment. It is particularly useful for progression onto medical, biological and ecology related courses at university.
What will I study?
- Biological molecules
- How organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic variation
- Energy transfer within and between organisms
- Responses to internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- Control of gene expression
What are the entry requirements?
Please refer to our Course Specific Entry Requirements table here