This page contains information from our Next Steps evenings for parents and carers of students studying in Year 13 during the 2022-23 academic year.
Next Steps Evening 1 – May 2022
Below are the slides from our first Next Steps Evening.
This evening was split into two parts, as follows:
- Student Finance
- Why Higher Education
- How does New College support students applying to HE
Apprenticeships / Employment
- The local and national labour market
- Introduction to Apprenticeships
- How New College supports students applying for Apprenticeships and Employment
Next Steps Evening 2 – November 2022
The slides from our second Next Steps Evening are below.
This virtual event was split into two parts, as follows:
- How students submit their application
- After the application has been submitted
- How and when to apply for student finance
- University accommodation
Apprenticeships and Employment
- Employability tutorials
- Searching for apprenticeships
- Searching for employment
- The Labour Market
- Armed Forces, Police and Fire Service