Subject Intent: Why Fine Art?
Fine Art is offered as a truly creative opportunity for self-expression and growth of confidence. The curriculum provides independence, learning and thinking skills as well as practical elements and professional attitudes. The creative industries are currently one of the fastest growing in the UK and students can expect to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to continue into professions such as illustration, architecture, advertising, set design and fashion.
What will I study?
- A wide range of practical and research skills
- How to develop genuine and original ideas
- A wide range of creative practitioners
- How to analyse art through research and gallery visits to places such as London & Manchester
- How to present creative and personal sketchbook, portfolio and exhibition work
- How to prepare yourself for onward study at Foundation and Degree level and the world of work in the creative field
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
Fine Arts let’s you creatively express yourself in many different ways, it allows you to explore and experiment different techniques to expand your skills and artist side. It also teaches you fundamental life skills such as organisation and time management.
Katie Nguyen, Retford Oaks Academy