Why should I study this subject?
If you are inspired to capture the world around you and always have your camera to hand, if you are always on the look out for vibrant colour combinations, intricate textures, delicate lighting, and a quirky composition, then this course is for you. We invite curious students who are willing to learn not just how to frame a good shot, but also how to use your camera settings to achieve professional photographs that have real impact. You must have a real passion and enthusiasm for creativity and taking lots of photographs, always being alert to the possibility of a great photographic opportunity at any time.
What will I study?
• How to use both DSLR and 35mm lm cameras
• How to edit and develop your photographs both digitally and in the darkroom
• How to explore editing and digital artwork programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator
• How to discover the work of a wide range of creative practitioners
• How to present your work creatively in both digital and hand made sketchbooks
• How develop knowledge about the importance of your portfolio and exhibition technique
• How to critique your work and that of others
• How to best communicate your concepts and meanings to your viewer
What are the entry requirements?
Please refer to our Course Specific Entry Requirements table here