Subject Intent: Why Law?
What will I study?
- English Legal System: Criminal Courts and Lay People, Legal Profession, Civil Courts and Funding
- Criminal Law: General Elements, Non-fatal Offences, Fatal Offences, Property Offences, Mental Capacity Defences and General Defences
- Law Making: Legislation and delegated legislation, Law Reform, European Law, Judicial Precedent and Statutory interpretation
- Tort Law: Negligence, Vicarious Liability, Occupiers Liability, Torts connected to land and Defences and Remedies
- Nature of Law: Justice, Society, Morality and Technology
- Human Rights: Human Rights Act, Articles under the European Convention of Human rights, Enforcement and Protection of Human Rights
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
The course I have had the opportunity to study has opened my eyes to all the work the public services (police, fire, ambulance and government) do and helped me with a wider range of opportunities and the curriculum course trips are amazing I made new friends and I have done very well in the course its very interesting and enriching to do and I would do it again! I have progressed so well and learnt many new skills
Tommy Joe Shaw, Outwood Academy Adwick